New Meters & CWSA’s
New water meters may be issued upon completion of the District's application process, subject to compliance with all pertinent District ordinances and regulations.
Please use the links below to find information on the meter application process:
- To begin, all applicants are encouraged to read the Application Process for Water Service guidance document available here
- A Certificate of Water Service Availability or CWSA letter is required for every subdivision of land, and every change in the use of land, within the District that requires a permit or approval of any kind from the County of Santa Barbara. A CWSA Application can be downloaded here
- A Meter Application is required prior to the physical installation of a water meter on the property. The application can be downloaded here
- Fees associated with a new meter include Capital Cost and Connection fees and must be paid prior to installation of the water meter by District personnel. The Schedule of Fees can be downloaded here
- All properties served by new meters must be in compliance with Ordinance 89 Water Use Limitations available here
- Projects are encouraged to utilize the District’s list of Conservation Best Practices available here. As part of the CWSA application, the Owner must acknowledge receipt of the Conservation Best Practices.
Feel free to contact us directly at Montecito Water District with questions, or for assistance with your application for a new water meter.