Give Irrigation Systems the Rainy Season Off
We encourage all customers to turn irrigation systems off during the rainy season and particularly during evacuations prompted by rainfall.
After a 1/4 inch of rain, no irrigation is needed for 10 sunny days, and longer if the weather is cool or overcast.
Power outages may damage irrigation system controls and timers, causing erratic settings and / or leaks.
Conservation Counts! Thanks for being conscientious.
- We encourage all customers to register to receive alerts and stay informed at readysbc.org
- Click here to find real-time rainfall data from the County's new rain gauges.
- The District web site will be updated with current information should the need arise: montecitowater.com
January / February Billing Update
For all customers:
- Fixed meter charges were waived for the month of January.
- No late charges were applied to balances that were outstanding during the months of January/February.
- January and February invoice balances are due by March 29th.
- January's balance may have been listed as "past due" on your February invoice due to printing limitations on our bill format. Your payment is not late! Please simply pay the total by March 29th. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused. If you have already paid January's invoice, please just pay February.
For customers with Autodraft, payments will be drafted March 20th.
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 805.969.2271.
Montecito Water District's mission is to provide an adequate and reliable supply of high quality water to the residents of Montecito and Summerland, at the most reasonable cost. In carrying out this mission, the District places particular emphasis on providing outstanding customer service, conducting its operations in an environmentally sensitive manner, and working cooperatively with other agencies. For additional information visit montecitowater.com, like Montecito Water District on Facebook, and follow on twitter @MontecitoWater.